Join the market leader. Work in an international and dynamic environment.
Tecan is a leading global supplier of solutions for the biopharma, forensic and diagnostic industries. The company is a leader in the development, production and distribution of advanced automation and detection solutions for the world‘s leading life science laboratories.
Ambitious to contribute to the quality of life of humankind by enabling our customers to make the world and our community a healthier and safer place?
Already working and looking to take the next step? Outstanding people are critical in our extremely dynamic and innovation- intensive field. Ambitious to contribute to the quality of life of humankind by enabling our customers to make the world and our community a healthier and safer place?
Leaving school and interested in a challenging alternative to University? Below please
find an overview of all apprenticeships we offer in general.
Discover your future...
The Tecan MBA Summer Internship Program offers exposure to a fast-paced and collaborative environment. The Tecan MBA summer internship program includes a challenging job assignment, plus orientation, career development opportunities, field trips, social activities, and opportunities to interface with senior management. Your mentor will provide periodic performance appraisals along with coaching and guidance throughout your internship. The culmination of your summer is a report-out presentation to the Tecan Management Board.
The MBA Summer Internship Program includes roles within corporate development, operations, business development, sales & marketing, product development.
Responsibilities may include (depending on your assignment):
- Supporting strategic projects and implementation
- Gathering and analyzing market intelligence
- Leading change management project in operations
- Supply chain improvement project
- Developing economic and business models
- Performing financial analyses on new business opportunities
Location and duration
The Tecan MBA Summer Internship Program takes place at two highly dynamic locations – San Jose, CA and Zurich. The program takes 8 to 11 weeks and requires the student being available to work 40 hours a week Monday-Friday.
Ayman Alabdallah, MBA Intern Corporate Development
Basic Qualification and job requirements
Must be currently enrolled in a top-ranked MBA program and have completed the first year of study prior to joining our MBA Summer Internship program.
Two to five years of prior work experience in consulting, corporate development, sales and marketing, operations, global procurement, business development, finance, etc.
Preference for prior work experience in the life sciences, biotechnology, pharmaceutical or healthcare industries
Advanced knowledge of MS Office
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and leadership skills, with ability to influence.
- Strong analytical skills, forecasting and modeling skills.
- Ability to function well in a collaborative team setting within a matrix environment.
- Demonstrated ability and experience to effectively interact with executives and senior leaders.
- Prior work experience in the life science and clinical diagnostics is a plus
- Travel may be required