Turn your Tecan into a colony picking robot
Tecan expands automated workflow for cloning applications by integrating colony picking solution with SciRobotics’ Pickolo.
For the first time, the Tecan Freedom EVO® enables fully automated cloning workflow by integrating Pickolo – a bacteria colony picking solution developed by SciRobotics. Integration of upstream (e.g. incubation) and downstream (e.g. PCR or DNA sequencing) applications is now available together with the Pickolo on Tecan robots.
Pickolo is designed by SciRobotics specifically for Freedom EVO and can be easily installed to an existing robot. Additionally, Pickolo has the robustness to be integrated and dismantled from the worktable repeatedly to allow flexibility in automated lab space for different applications.
The SciRobotics Pickolo software works smoothly with Freedom EVOware® and does not interfere with other applications.
Main features of SciRobotics’ Pickolo for colony picking using Tecan’s fast and reliable Freedom EVO platform:
- Fast performance up to 800 colonies per hour
- Full automation with upstream and downstream applications
- Flexible colony selection criteria by color, size and more
- Flexible source plates (Petri dish, SBS format)
- Backlight carrier can repeatedly be integrated and removed from a worktable
- Colony picking software integrated with Freedom EVOware
- Easy to use
- Simple to install
The applications described here are not available in the US outside of the research market.